89Rotary - Hybrid Rx7 Build #REvial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89Rotary - Hybrid Rx7 Build #REvial

well, this will be my Official build. i'll be posting here since my build pertains specifically to the revival of my Rx7 and getting back into Autocross. i've been out a few times over the past couple years, either in my Wifes White NA Miata, or my white Cressida Sedan (which now belongs to my son)

Primary focus on this Thread is to Record and keep record of progress on my Rx7 and its progression to becoming a Race car once again. i'll provide more build specs and Details later. for now. a Picture of what she used to look like before this Nitemare began.

this is project REvival.

[
    Jake B. 89 FC, 74 Rx2, 95 Mx5, 06 MS6, 84 FB GSL

Cell - 801-915-4810 - Nissan Technician

Well! first micro update. my new Drivetrain has arrived. and i'm super excited.

so, back ground. my car is a 1989 Mazda Rx7 GTUs. owned this car for almost 10 years now, was my daily, then Daily Drifter, then it became a Lawn Ornament and finally a Garage Ornament. lol

so, now begins the process of putting it back to Racing Specs. my original plans were to get a FC TII Engine, plop it in, get a EMS and Tune it!...... well, decided my GTUs has a proud history (not my exact GTUs, but the "GTUs" name) for Naturally Aspirated Performance. was built and designed to be a Light Weight N/A Car.

so, i made the choice. i ordered a 2005 Mazda Rx8 Engine. 10:1 Compression, 10k Rpm Limit and rated at 236hp this was the Pinnacle N/A Rotary (Stock) setup.
    i'll be installing this drivetrain, and with an aftermarket EMS, aiming for 210HP at the Rear Wheels. stay tuned!!!

Comment

Some Minor Updates:

Parts have been rolling in. got my Haltech Sprint RE EMS, and my Rx8 Extractor set. (since the factory piece was missing, figured i'd upgrade) starting tear down and inspection. super excited to get this moving forward!

Last edited by 89Rotary; 01-21-2018, 03:53 PM. Reason: I'm learning to Spell.....

Comment

some bigger updates now. finally made some progress into pulling the motor into a keg. bought a Cabinet for inside so i can tear down the engine in the warmth of my house. lol heres some pics of progress. can't wait to get this motor broken down and see what the failure was.

Comment

Been a minute since updating, hit a HUGE snag and kinda broke my will to post and move forward. working on the kinks and i'll make progress again. anyways

opened up that "new" to me engine. and its a mess... front apex seal cracked and destroyed the front Rotor, Housing, Front Iron and Center Iron. so essentiall the front 60% of the engine are scrap metal. with this news i'm forced to either source out matching engine bits, or source another engine. we'll see what turns out to be the better option.

heres pictures.

Comment

Working...
          X