Utah Club SCCA Differentiators - suggestion for FAQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Club SCCA Differentiators - suggestion for FAQ

As a club, we are under more pressure than ever as there are a number of options for the need for speed people. A LOT of people that I talk to (me included before I joined) really had very different ideas about not only what Autocross is, but the Club itself. I'd like to recommend an additional FAQ be added. I've created the items below and whomever is responsible for that feels it's worthwhile, please post it as an FAQ. Let me know if there is anything to tweak and I'd be glad to.

EDIT: Incorporated Suggestions Dec 26

Utah Club SCCA Differentiators
    • We don’t care what (or how well) you drive. This is a professionally run event through the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) and we all help each other. Our primary goal is for you to HAVE FUN!!!!!!

• We ALLOW passengers….for FREE!!! Spectators are always FREE.

• We HELP YOU! We have a new driver’s orientation, walk-through, instructors, safety people and more. Just show up, we’ll help you from there. All you have to do is to ask.

• You CAN share 1 car between 2 drivers!! There are ladies and mens groups! Loaner helmets are FREE and available! There is an organized staging area and a numbering system that can tell you apart so each driver gets individual times and progress.

• The course is different EVERY event - even at the same venue. This is a major part of the unique challenge with auto-crossing and adds a different dynamic not found anywhere else.

• Want to take your skills to the next level? We have instructors/professional drivers or fellow experienced racers as part of the club to ride along (no extra charge!). You can also ride along with other racers to get an idea of how they drive.

• Track your progress – We provide the timing system. All times (and how many cones you knocked down ) are recorded, displayed for you after each run and class results are recorded on the SCCA website. There is also a formal handicap system (PAX) to see how you stack up with other dissimilar cars.

• As an SCCA member, you can branch out and attend other regional Autocross events (Las Vegas, Idaho, Colorado and more) or qualify and attend a National event. Others prefer a more laid back approach and attend for the camaraderie and the sport.

• We refund – If you sign up online ahead of time (Helps us plan) and something comes up, don’t worry about it. We want you to come back, not just take your money. Other venues are not that friendly. Either way, there is ALWAYS a way to show up and drive the day of.

• We are one of the least expensive forms of racing. SCCA members pay about $35 per event, non-SCCA members pay just a little bit more

• We’d really like to have you in our club. We provide a way for you to attend, try it out without commitment as we think like we were at one point… once you try it, you’ll be hooked too!

• We run RAIN OR SHINE. Yeah, it’s fun enough when it’s dry, try your skills in wet conditions!

• You get to stand ON THE COURSE and watch other drivers take the course and the various lines and techniques they use. Where else can you do this?
    Last edited by 06BlueStang; 12-26-2012, 02:08 PM.

Like it.
    Michael Carpenter
    2011, 2012, and 2013 Solo Director

Comment

Suggestions for a few tweaks:

"Camaraderie and Friendly – We don’t care what (or how) you drive. This is a professionally run event through the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) and help each other. We have only one requirement, HAVE FUN!!!!!!"
      *Add "we" to make "we help each other." You might also want to remove "(or how)" or make it "(or how well)": Camaraderie and Friendly – We don’t care what (or how well) you drive. This is a professionally run event through the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) and we help each other. We have only one major goal: for you to HAVE FUN!!!!!!

"We HELP YOU! We have a new driver’s orientation, walkthrough, instructors, safety people and more….Just show up, we’ll help you from there."
      *Add words to the effect of: "All you have to do is to ask.": We HELP YOU! We have a new driver’s orientation, walkthrough, instructors, safety people and more….Just show up, we’ll help you from there. All you have to do is to ask.

"You choose, attend to compete (you can qualify to regional or national events) or as just a hobby, camaraderie and to improve your driving."
      *Change to read: You choose: attend to compete (you can qualify for regional or national events), or as just a hobby, for the camaraderie and to improve your driving.

"Least expensive form of racing. Members are around $35 per event."
      *Change to read: We are just about the least expensive form of racing. SCCA members pay about $35 per event, non-SCCA members pay just a little bit more.
      (I think drag racing actually beats us on that one, and most of the time they aren't even required to wear a helmet. )

Take 'em or leave 'em, it doesn't really matter to me.
      Bucky

"The older I get, the faster I was."

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I've incorporated those and received some other feedback. The changes are revised in the list above for review. BTW - I should have known on the Drag Racing costs (Like Midnight and Test/Tune) being nearly the same cost, that is what I was doing previous to Autocross.

Comment

OK, so how or who can get the item posted above into the FAQ's? I've been directing some people here and they are looking for more in the FAQ's.

Comment

Working...
          X